Welcome to The Shoes
The Three Horseshoes is a beautiful family run, Traditional English Country pub dating back to the 16th Century and is said to the oldest building in the village. Legend says that the pub was originally used by royalty, highwaymen and travellers as a rest stop and up until recently, the Blacksmith opposite was still operating.
Our famous visitors are said to include the notorious highwayman Dick Turpin who had a residence in nearby Thaxted and Edward VII the then Prince of Wales on his frequent visits to see his good friend Sir Walter Gilbey at Elsenham Hall.
We are the current inn-keepers of this beautiful Grade II Listed building and aim to serve you with fine ale and great home-cooked food and friendly hospitality. Our food is fresh and purchased locally whenever possible.
We have a large beer/events garden with plenty of space for the kids to enjoy themselves, and when the weathers good, the bouncy castle is up. We’re also dog friendly but please keep them under control.
Mick & Sandra
* Privately Owned Free House!
* Family Friendly Atmosphere
* Fabulous Sunday Roast (Booking advisable)!
* Food Hygiene Rating 5 – Very Good… Best you can get!
* Barn/Conservatory for Events & Parties
* BBQ’s, Hog Roasts & Buffets available for events
* LIVE Music / Discos / Karaoke
* Pool, Darts & Bar Football
* Sunny Patio & Campsite